1. Three Images

[original photograph]

My most 'creative' piece of work: an essay on German emperors for HSTY1025, 2008. Because I've never done any conventional art-based subjects or courses, this essay (my personal best) has to be my most creative piece of work to date that I can provide tangible photographic evidence of. I consider it to be a creative work because while I am not particularly academically-rigorous in the field of humanities, I was able to compose an amazingly well-written essay that sounded and looked impressive, without necessarily being academically-intensive (relatively speaking).




['Connecting in Hong Kong' by Stuck in Customs, Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/3768304342/]


An example of great architecture: Hong Kong International Airport at Chek Lap Kok. Norman Foster's huge terminal building west of Hong Kong Island is a great example for many key reasons; the impressive scale, towering dimensions, generous use of modern materials, fantastic aesthetics, and proven practicality - the facilities provide an almost effortless and seamless experience for the millions of passengers and crew who pass through it every year.


[original photograph]

An original photograph of something beautiful: the urban environment (George Street, Sydney). I've always thought of cities and urban environments as beautiful manifestations of human civilization, dotted across the globe. They are full of life and energy, and the buildings - big and small, old and new - that inhabit them create the visual identity that, when recognized by its citizens, reminds them "I am from New York", "I am from Tokyo", or "I am from Sydney".


2. Three Clients



["Nest (2006)", Patricia Piccinni, http://patriciapiccinini.net/vespas/zooms/Nest-04.jpg]


Patricia Piccinni

n. animal

v. nurturing

a. mechanical




["The Man from Encinitas", Ricky Swallow - Ricky Swallow: Collections, http://www.rickyswallow.com/collections/image/sculpture/3/]


Ricky Swallow

n. memory

v. immortalize

a. morose





["City Carapace 2008", Richard Goodwin - Australian Galleries, http://www.australiangalleries.com.au/index.php?option=com_ag&task=work&id=2797&aid=179]


Richard Goodwin

n. fragment

v. transform

a. destructive

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers