In Week 2 I developed a parallel projection drawing constructed out of elements of two of my axonometrics from Week 1. This will resemble what I hope will be my final submission.


The following drawing is the first axonometric. I liked the 'courtyard' created by the subtraction of a rectangular prism from within a larger rectangular prism. I would like to use this to frame the space I want to dedicate to Charles Darwin.




The following drawing is the second axonometric. I liked the idea of having a perpendicular block intersecting a hollow, tubular rectangular prism at the corner, which I find to be a significant location. It allows me to locate a structure in the space that is as far detached from everything else physically, without being completely detached all together. This is the theme I want to convey in the space I would like to dedicate to Stephen Hawking.





And this is the parallel projection of my concept for the final submission for Experiment 2. The space on the left belongs to Charles Darwin; and on the right, Stephen Hawking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers